Concord Church had its beginnings in a one-room schoolhouse way back in 1863, during the Civil War. Elder Absalom Pearce was the first pastor. The congregation met in the schoolhouse until 1878 when the present Concord church site was purchased and a log church was erected. A frame structure was later built which was followed by a second frame church built in 1955. In 1960 it was remodeled with eleven Sunday school rooms being added. In the late 70’s the church was again built onto, doubling its size, and the complete structure was bricked.
In the beginning, services were held only once a month on the third Sunday. In 1952 the church went to “half-time” with services held twice a month. This was the practice until 1958 when Rev. Roy Ridenour became full time pastor of the church. Rev. Ridenour had served as half-time pastor for two years from 1956-1958 before becoming full-time pastor. Concord's current pastor, Bro. Eddie Fleming, came in 1991.
The church has experienced its ups and downs throughout the years. As with all churches, Concord has been tested, but unlike many of our day, Concord has remained faithful to the Scriptures. We continue to be conservative in our understanding and commitment to the Scriptures, yet willing to embrace new ideas and technologies for furthering the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
We believe the Bible is the inspired Word of God, thus the only reliable source of information about God. We believe in God as portrayed by the Bible, who exist in three persons—the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. We also believe that although humanity is flawed and broken, God loves us, pursues us, and invites us into His family. We believe that Christ died for our sins, thus providing us with help and hope for today and tomorrow.